The Breakdown - August 19th, 2009 - The Sound of Robin

How do you solve a problem like Mariiii... I mean Rooobiiiinn? How do you catch a killer in Port Charles? How do you make your husband play a womaaaaaan? How do you know the killeeeer's strong haaaaaand?!!! If you don't understand anything I just "sang" (I was singing it to myself by the way), I need you to get up immediately and run, don't walk, to the nearest retailer and buy The Sound of Music. So. Robin continues to astound with her super-sleuth tactics. I didn't think that she could possibly have any genuis left after coming up with the whole "let's throw keys at people and see which hand they catch them in" extravaganza. But, now... having your husband role play as the murderer in your groundless hypothesis of how it all played out. GENIUS!!! I wasn't buying it until Patrick gave a very memorable performance as Andrea Floyd. Now I'm convinced! Book 'em, Dano.

Speaking of Dano, not really. CarJax invites Spinelli over to track down Michael and Kristina through the email they sent. Mr. Predictable eventually starts babbling about his pending marraige and somehow thinks that Jax and Carly are marriage experts since they have been married 12 times between them. I'm gonna let you think about that for a little longer, Spin. Take your time. Sonny and Alexis show up and JaxSon fights over who is going to get the kids once Spin locates them. Even Spinelli understands that Sonny will inevitably win that argument so he pretends that he can't find the kids. The best part is that after he says "I failed" Sonny says, "Whatever that means, you better not be telling me you can't find those kids." I'm sorry, Sonny, I tried to find a less complex term for "failed" but I don't think that one exists.

In Vera Cruz, Jerry knows that Jason is alive and finds his secret hideout. The suspense builds as Jason's blood drips from the ceiling crawl space where he and Sam are hiding. Yep, he's STILL bleeding. Whatev. Sam is concerned that his wounds might get infected from crawling around. He reminds her that he made her a promise which means he is invincible even against infection. Five minutes later he tells her that he is going to get worse until he dies. Brake squeal! You're dying?!!!! This is so unexpected! Yes, but "I'm not afraid, I just don't want to leave you." Ah crap, I can't make jokes at a time like this! Jason's tears are my kryptonite! Later they exchange I love you's. If you listen closely you can hear thousands of Liason fans throwing up in their mouths.

As always, be sure to look both ways before you play with matches.


Follow The Breakdown on Twitter @GHTheBreakdown

Follow this blogspot by clicking on the button to your right. No, your other right. There you go.
top